The GoogleAPI Settings specifies the Google Key that should be used when contacting the corresponding Google Service, as follows:
- Establishes the Google API Key used to identify any requests issued to the Google Maps Directions API. This is used on the Site when contacting Google to compute the Travel Duration for a Referee to move from one Location to another.
- Establishes the Google API Key used to identify any requests issued to the Google Maps Geocoding API. This is used on the Site to determine the precise Longitude and Latitude associated with a Location defined in the Locations table.
- Identifies the unique API Key that identifies the Site to Google for the purposes of reCAPTCHA confirmation.
- Specifies the time of day used to determine the Arrival Time for API calls to the Directions API calculating Travel Time. Default is "12:00".
- Establishes the Google API Key that will be used to verify the reCAPTCHA data returned from a reCAPTCHA form via Google siteverify.
Unspecified operands (or if the entire setting is undefined) will cause the system to operate as if there is NO Google API Key in effect. Thus, the system will not identify itself to Google when contacting it for service. In most cases, this means Google will "track" activity by IP Address (either the Web Server or the Client/Browser system).