Setting=Data permits the Webmaster to configure specific aspects of the data processing environment associated with Text type data elements, as described.
- Establishes the Webmaster desired Character Set that should be used for sending and receiving Text type data between the Site and MariaDB. This should usually match the database default Character Set.
Typical values are "latin1", "utf8", or "utf8mb4" (RidgeStar recommends utf8mb4 to provide the widest range of support for text on the site).
Default is latin1
- When text information is provided (via Bulk Load, Forms data entry, etc.) that does not conform to the Input_Text specification, an Error message will be issued and ...
- the character(s) not in compliance will be modified to contain a "?" where the non-complying character exists (Input_Fail=>False)
- the input form will be rejected for processing and data updates will be bypassed (Input_Fail=>True)
Default is True
- Indicates the type of Text/Character data that a Site will accept for processing. Typical values are "ASCII" or "UTF-8" (RidgeStar recommends UTF-8).
Default is ASCII