- What is the Profile Concept?
- A Profile contains the information that describes a single User of the Site
- Why use the Concept?
- Stores key User information AND allows the Users themselves to maintain the information (e.g. Email address, mailing address, etc.).
- How is the concept implemented?
- The end User manages his or her Profile through the Services: Profile page, which includes the ability to indicate which (if any) of the Profile's contents will be available in the Site Directory. You can also permit Administrators, Assignors, Officers, etc., to update the User's Profile using a page like Administrator: Manage-Users.
Many Sites choose to divide the User's Profile into sections that pertain to a specific use. For example, on some Sites, the Assignors may use the Profile to set Referee Rankings, which the Referees can see, but not update. As another example, on some Sites, Administrators may set the same information in the Profile as the Referee and Assignor as well as delete the Referee's Profile. Remember, your Chapter can customize the Site to meet their specific requirements!