Reference: RidgeStar-Usage Policies
We are committed to helping our clients make the most of the Internet. To uphold this commitment, along with the principles that make the Internet an unparalleled arena for information exchange, we require that all RidgeStar clients comply with the following policies:
- Copyright, etc.
- Any infringement, distribution and/or posting of Copyrighted, Patented, Trademarked, Trade Secrets, or other materials with Intellectual Property Rights is unacceptable.
- Export Restrictions
- Exporting software, technical information, or any other protected information that is in violation of U.S. export control laws is specifically prohibited
- Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through a RidgeStar Server is a violation of the RidgeStar Service Agreement
- No RidgeStar client or Site hosted on a RidgeStar Server shall participate in a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, or any other activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it inappropriately.
- RidgeStar will not tolerate any client attempting to access the accounts of others; penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
- All RidgeStar clients are responsible to set and protect their own passwords and to avoid the improper acquisition or distribution of the password to others
- SPAM is the intentional transmission of copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. The act of SPAMMING DOES INCLUDE any Email lists or Mass Emailing programs that you may obtain from "other sources". It is NOT APPROPRIATE to bulk Email messages to those that have not invited them.
- Virus Distribution
- Intentional distribution of software in any manner that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems is prohibited
- Posting of messages to newsgroups that is irrelevant or blanket posting of messages to multiple newsgroups is a violation of the spirit of the Internet and is unacceptable
Violation of any RidgeStar Policies (whether published here or otherwise communicated to the Client in any fashion) is grounds for immediate termination of service with forfeiture of any privileges that may or may not be associated with the Services RidgeStar has provided.
If you believe a RidgeStar client has violated one or more of these Policies, please send an Email message to Abuse@RidgeStar.com and we'll investigate it immediately.